Ruckus turned sixteen this year! Thanks to all of our wonderful supporters, we were able to do a ton of in-depth work in 2012.
And here at Ruckus, we really know how to stretch every dollar. Here’s a taste of some of the things we pulled off this year on less than $200,000!
- Ruckus Action Camp for Migrant Rights – June 8-12, Highlander Center, Tennesee: 5 day hands-on action skills training camp with 120 activists from over 50 communities
- Direct Action Training for Trainers for People of Color – April 20-23, San Francisco: to develop 25 new action trainers of color
- On-the-ground training, actions, and skill-building for Alabama communities fighting the latest and harshest anti-immigration laws
- Undocu-Bus "No Papers, No Fear Ride for Justice" – strategy, prep and direct action support for undocumented action bus tour across the south, ending at the DNC in Charlotte, NC
- Ongoing strategy, direct action support, training and leadership development in indigenous communities fighting the Tar Sands, and other dirty energy struggles across North America
- Ruckus Trainers & Actionista Network Development Summit
- Release of New Resources: Ruckus Scouting Manual, Action Strategy Guide, and contributions to the new Beautiful Trouble book
- Direct Action Skills for Occupy & Beyond: nonviolent direct action trainings and action support for the 99% for Occupy, Occupy Homes, and Occupy the Hood groups across the country
- Continued work in the national Climate Justice Alignment collaborative
- "Turning the Talk," – a 3-day narrative and action strategy training for 30 migrant rights leaders, co-hosted with our partners smartMeme and NDLON
- Strategy, training and direct action support for communities doing foreclosed home defense, land takeovers, and fighting the big banks
- Ruckus Climb Trainers Advanced Climb Training and Development Gathering
- Ruckus Creative Resistance Trainers Development Summit
- "Direct Action: The Art of Fueling Popular Movements and Creating Change," a panel discussion, New York
- 99% Spring – curriculum development, training for trainers, and field trainings for the project to introduce 100,000 Americans to nonviolent direct action this Spring across the U.S.
- Other training and action support in the field including:
- California Faculty Association Strike support
- American Association of University Professors Summer Institute
- National Student Power Convergence in Ohio
- New York Fracking resistance
- Tripod action in front of US Capitol for International AIDS Conference
- Wells Fargo Headquarters Shutdown actions (3!)
- Training and action campaign planning for Take Back the Land-Madison
- Action support for Black Friday actions in support of striking Walmart workers
As you can see, your gifts go a long way at The Ruckus Society! It is individuals like you that make our work possible.
Donate today to help us do even more in 2013!