DC members of Ruckus and other area community activists gathered Monday evening, May 23, 2011, at RAS Restaurant & Lounge for an evening of Community Dialogue about the current state of direct action and how our movements can best utilize action tactics and strategy to achieve our goals.
- Dominic Moulden (ONE-DC)
- Cesar Maxit (Ruckus, DC-51 art collective, action artist & coordinator at large)
- Sharon Lungo (Co-Director, The Ruckus Society)
Panelists addressed such questions as:
- What are examples of effective, creative, and innovative action campaigns that are successfully building movement for social change?
- How do we use more radical action in order to move forward radical social change?
- What is the relationship of risk to effectiveness of action campaigns?
Participants broke into small group discussion circles after Q & A with the panelists, to further discuss the questions at hand, and share ideas of how we can all play a more active role in building movement through action.
Check out video from the event! “Building Movement Through Action: Pt I”: “Building Movement Through Action: Pt II”:
And some photos of the night!