Training for Trainers
The Ruckus Society offers our Training for Trainers as a way to expand the skills and analysis of our current training community, bring new trainers into our network, and strengthen the training capacity of our partner organizations.
Our 3-4 day Training for Trainers program is offered 1-2 times a year. Participants learn and refine skills in using experiential education as the central methodology for workshops and curriculums. Experiential education focuses on the group’s knowledge rather than the trainer’s. The trainer’s role is to empower the group to draw out their own expertise, and teach each other.
The training includes the following topics:
- The experiential education model
- What is the role of the trainer?
- Workshop design
- Tailoring curriculum to specific needs
- Incorporation of diversity and anti-oppression principles
- Dealing with difficult situations
- Working with a co-trainer
- Hands-on facilitation practice
Only solicited applications are accepted at this time.